Where Did They Go? - poem

So where did all my friends go? Read the following poem as I've considered those I left behind.

Where did all my good friends go?

Some are here, others I don’t know.

With so many childhood memories

the thoughts I try so hard to seize..

I often wonder what they’re doing.

Are they married or careers pursuing?


It’s a miracle that I still can remember,

Their faces and mannerisms rendered.

Why can’t I find my dearest of friends?

I’d like to see them as my days end.

We would have so much to reminisce

I’ll not forget them. They’re on my list.


If ever I see them, it’ll bring such joy.

A band of musicians I’ll have to employ.

To see them again is like a puzzle piece

that would bring my soul some release.

Lord take care of those I’ve left behind.

Please guide them spirit, soul and mind.


©Copyright, 8/18/08, Kathryn Tyler Little

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN