My Dear Valentine


Yes, Valentine came and went but I am not disappointed too much. My friend in the office received a huge bouquet of roses, lilies, stocks and some other flowers that was the biggest arrangement I had seen in years.

I wrote a poem entitled "My Dear Valentine" and shared it with my friends on my space and my DIVA friends and also Wow Gals, a yahoo group. I miss my husband and miss doing romantic things like going to dinner or a movie or just the two of us going anywhere together and talking. He wasn't very romantic in the beginning or our relationship but realized he had been forgetting me on the holidays and on my birthday and tried to make up for it.

Here is the poem: "My Dear Valentine"

My Father who is in heaven is full of compassion and love.
He tenderly watches over you in His wondrous home above.
Why worry or fret about your life, what you should eat or drink?
He will provide your every need above all that you ask or think.

So give Him praise this Valentine’s Day for His love and care.
If you are alone then give yourself a gift, something nice to wear
or give yourself some flowers or a box of deep dark chocolate.
or some bright and shiny jewelry or special coffee to percolate.

Never think that He doesn’t see how you miss those times shared
when your sweetheart would do something no one else compared.
No matter if you’re single or married know this one glorious thing
that the God of the universe loves you more than anyone or anything.

Now, if after reading this you are still depressed and feeling lonely then just pick yourself up, wipe off the tears and start doing something that will make you feel good. Like my poem said you should give yourself gifts or flowers when you feel like it or maybe take yourself out to dinner. My son doesn't like to go out in public and would rather pick up a pizza and play football games til it's midnight.

For the past five years, since my husband passed away, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anyone here in Gallup even interested in me. I get to a point of wanting to move to Phoenix, thinking my chances of finding a new love could be there. I might be deceived into thinking it could be better and get off track with what my mission here is. Perhaps it's just the fact that everyday I've been doing the same ole' thing and I like challenges.

I'm content here but not challenged enough. I want to be able to share more with the worship team but seems like there isn't enough interest on their part. It is sufficient for now to introduce new music.

I know I've gotten off the track a little from Valentines but it is still a matter of the heart. I see my kids having problems there in Phoenix and wonder if I can help them by being there. My son Daniel can't find work here either. So what should I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN