What A Blessing

September 24th a historical event took place. My husband and I now have a new granddaughter. Her name is Joyce and we are extremely happy to have girl in the family. I have four sons and two grandson and here came the surprise.

 
I remember my son calling me to tell me they were having a girl and saying "she's an answer to your prayers". My real concern was that the baby and mom would be healthy. The Lord is good. He has given us a special little girl that I can spoil a little. I had always wanted to share my dolls with my children, thinking I'd have a girl. Now, the dolls are gone and I'll have an excuse to buy one when she grows up.

 
    
 
In this picture, her brother tenderly holds her at the hospital where she was born. His eyes tell us that he will love and care for her as he has been cared for himself. His mom is a gentle and kind woman and I enjoyed watching her as she handled her son. Joyce will be a blessing to my son and daughter-in-law. My only regret is not living closer to my family. They are over five hours away. If we moved again I hope we won't be too far away.
 
I was able to be at the hospital and at my son's home for a week and hold her sweet little body. She has grown so much already and had an insatiable appetite after she was born. I pray that her brother will help his mommy and know that he too is very special to our family.
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN