My Prayer Then and Now

What's a mother to do? I raised four sons and my prayer for them as it was for my husband and our life together was that they would accept the Lord and be filled with His Spirit. I want them all to know and serve the Lord.

They all have had to struggle against alcohol and drugs and abusing themselves with them. I remember writing a prayer to God about what I was going through with my husband. It may help others to voice their own desires for their husbands and children. I am continually praying for them and it hurts me to see them thinking less about themselves and not having the confidence that I helped instill in them at a young age. They are leaders and someday soon, I hope to hear from them that they turned their lives over to the Lord.

My time with the Lord started out: (John 1:1) In the beginning was the Word and thw Word was with God and the Word was God. If we refuse to yield to the word, we fail to yield to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. As the Word takes up the vacant spaces in our spirit, soul and body, we will then walk in the Spirit. If we fail to accumulate, relate and apply the Word, our thoughts and body will rule over the spirit.

In my home there lurks darkness of alcoholism, impure and immoral spirits and contention, strife, anger, resentment and bitterness, lying and fowl speech. But Father You will win out. You will work a miracle of love and grace and deliverance for __________from all these. He will be an elder or deacon, song master and leader in our home, priest, king, holy, just, merciful, loving and kind. With Your Spirit at work in him, now convincing him of the truth, and convicting of sin, helping him to be strong in Your Word. That the Word would be heard and no hindering spirits will keep him from being convicted of the sin in his life. Forgive me Father if I have been a reason for Him turning from you but I believe You will work in him, delivering him from oppression of evil spirits that would try to deceive him. Father strengthen him to say no to the devil's temptations. He is weak in the flesh but You can make him strong. Help us all to love him , be forgiving and encouraging him as our leader of our home.

Satan, how cruel and selfish you are. Your maneuvers make me want to fight even more and get into the Word more. You will not keep me from God's plans for my life, nor will you cointue any longer to rule and dictate over ____________'s life. Satan you are a dead spirit. I speak to your ruin Satan. Jesus defeated you and overcame you, took the keys of life and death away from you. You may be the prince of the powers of the air, darkness, principalities, rulers in heavenly places but you are dead and you will no longer produce death in my household. I loose life, salvation, healing, deliverance, peace, joy, victory, freedom over _________'s life. He shall have life and have it more abundantly.

Father, produce life, liberty, joy, peace, love in his life. Father I love this man for all that has done for me and my children. He shall be the head of our family. He shall be the priest and king in our home. He shall be the spiritual leader. He shall overcome the devil and all of his enticements, temptations, lusts of his eyes, flesh and pride . Father, You are His Father. He is Your child. Father I know You love him, have a plan for him. We see the vision. We shall get a hold of it. His business shall prosper and his ministry of helps and music shall be fulfilled in this time. He will get a hold of You and Your Word to him.

Here was what the Lord spoke to my heart.
"My son, glorify me for in this world are many pleasures but non shall satisfy you as I will. I want the best for you. I love you my son. Follow me, worship me, cleave to Me. Your adversary is the thief that would steal your very life away if you'd let him. Flee from him and cleave to Me. Draw close to Me and I will fulfill your dreams, your aspirations but you must love Me above all others, above your wife, above your children, above your job, above your plans, above your pleasures. Me Me first in Your life. You have lost your love for Me. I give you more than enough time to come back to me my son. My heart grieves for you. My heart grows weary of your wrestlings. Trust your life in my hands and in mine alone. Trust your life with the life given. You have looked in several directions but not in Mine. Now is the time tstop fighting Me. Come my son for I love you with an everlasting love. Adhere to my sayings."

Copyright, 1981, Kathryn Tyler Little

Comments

  1. Beautiful post and know that I am praying for you!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN