HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOOMERS!!

BABY BOOMER DIVA BIRTHDAY! HOORAY!!!!

Yes, it’s true. Beverly Mahone’s Yahoo group was started a year ago July 22, 2007th. Beverly, is a well known radio internet talk show hostess. Her show can be heard at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whateverlive . She also has written several books. She’s an exciting person to listen to so go to her link.

I can’t quite remember when I joined the group but there hasn’t been a moment since that I regretted the decision. I also made a decision in October, 2007, to go to the first Baby Boomer Spring Retreat to be held in Daytona Beach, Fl. It was a great weekend and my second long distance trip since my husband died. I think of myself as an active, divinely, inspired, vivacious and anointed woman thus the name D.I.V.A. Being a baby boomer has had its pitfalls, mainly, not having a career. But several of the DIVA women are in business and have a great deal to share about internet businesses, management, financial decisions and communicating by internet helps to convey information, thoughts, counsel and various tidbits. We cover health issues, aging parents, eating right, exercising, getting the counseling we need as older, mature women.

I believe by joining Baby Boomer DIVA’s I’ve acquired so many wonderful, informative friends that will be “forever” friends and we’ll continue our relationships until we leave this earth. Many of the women are writers and have books to sell and others own businesses. I myself would like to work from home an I’m currently reading a book that one of the DIVA’s wrote, entitled “How To Become a Virtual Assistant” written by Kathie Thomas from Australia.

Next year we are planning the second Spring Baby Boomer Retreat to be held in California, I believe in Huntington Beach. That should be great fun. Maybe we can all go to Knott’s Berry Farm or Disneyland for a day. We don’t have a schedule yet but I know we’ll have more women there than before. Whatever Beverly does it turns out great.

Two of the links you would want to visit is the Baby Boomer DIVAs:
http://babyboomerdivas.com where you can see all the DIVA blogs and http://boomerdivanation.org ,where you can read about what the DIVAs are doing and several other links regarding them. Also you will find many of us listed in the Business Directory at the top of the page.

Comments

  1. Kathryn,

    You are such a valuable asset to the DIVAS Group. You are inspiration plus and it is my honor to be associated with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also very glad and blessed to have met you in the Diva group!!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN