A Big Move...

May 29, 2007
Sorry that I haven't been in contact with my friends on my space or blogger. I was given a Notice to Vacate my home where I have been living for over six years. My landlord, who hasn't been in contact with me for 6 or 7 months issued the notice. Her daughter is moving in July 1, 2007. I tried getting in touch with my landlord but got her daughter's number. Then my landlord called and said she was sorry for doing this. That was Saturday morning, 5/26

A red pickup came by and a man handed me an envelope. I was just watering the beautiful green lawn and planting my flowers when he showed up. Sunday, I went to church, lead worship and the church prayed for me to find a home. Monday came around and with a tip from a salesman at a nearby gas station I went over to a vacant house a mile away. Praise the Lord. I will be moving in two weeks time. The house is the same size as mine with one large room in front..,living, kitchen, two bedrooms, etc and fenced area for my two dogs.

I was so upset Saturday, thinking about my pets and two cats that I keep indoors. I didn't want to get rid of my pets because most rental place don't accept any pets. Well, the owner used to live in the house that I will be moving to. She and her husband own a little convenience, grocery store just a couple hundred feet in front. They built a new house behind the store. There is no grass, though and I'll try to put in some sod and maybe a tree so they'll be shade.

I took cuttings off the Virginia creeper to replant. They'll grow nicely on the chain link fence. That should help with shade for now.

Anyway, I can move in right away. How cool is this anyway?

I made a schedule to help me in the move....

Kathryn’s Moving Schedule

It seems like I am moving a whole house.

June 1 -8_1) Move most of the boxes ,
_________ 2) finish painting the living room, hallways
_________ 3) take pictures of place, download on computer..
_________ 4) put Matt and Michael’s crockery out of storage.
_________ 5) Go through storage shed
_________ 6) Pack dishes, pots and pans not using
_________ 7) Pack books in back room
_________ 8) Pack up music to find
_________ 9) Pack up filing cabinet
_________ 10) take all sheets and towels out not using, pack in trash bags
_________ 11)take all the wall hangings and pictures, decorative items down
packed.

June 8th, Friday – launder everything before the move. So washer and dryer can go over to house. Can’t wash clothes but we can dry them…

June 9th, Saturday – Move most of the furniture , couches, dining table and chairs, all the linens (except what we use to sleep), lawn mower, dishes (except what we need for a week), washer and dryer.

Meal:_____ Pork Brisket ..cook on grill, hot dogs and buns
_____ tortillas
_____ chili
_____ potato salad (Kathryn Noland
_____ lemonade
_____ cups and plates and paper towels


Gilbert – refrig? Or stove?

June 10th, Sunday – Rest…water

June 11-15 – Finish cleaning , getting rid of stuff from storage…Close the house…put key under the cactus pot.

Clothes – Abused women Thrift or Goodwill

Books – Church / libraries –

June 16th, Saturday – take plants and pots and bird feeders…food. Phone will be shut off and then reconnected at other house.
The house has ticks ! Yes. Those ugly ticks were all over the place. I told the landlord but she didn't believe me. She had called the pest man and he said they were just weevils. No, I said they were ticks. Still to this date, July 5, 2007, there are still those little buggers around. I will tell the landlord one more time. I hope we can get the place sprayed. I also talked with the landlord and she told me to forget about the rent for July since I was having so much trouble with the bugs. "You shouldn't have to put up with this" , she said. I agreed. I have two cats and two dogs and don't want any of them to get infested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN