Approaching Seventy

Unbelievably, I will be turning 70 this month. I've enjoyed my life with the Lord for over 50 years. I've been married, had children and have now six grandchildren. I've traveled many times with my kids, lived on two reservations, moved over 30 times in my married life and now happy and content in a place that my dad would call "God's country".

I had a knack for selling and loved meeting new people. I started as a teen selling "Vanda" cosmetics, then a pre-paid insurance program, then Amway where my former husband and I sold mostly laundry soap and a coffee service. We excelled in it but later ended up moving again.

To help with our finances, I went to school and received an Associates Degree in Graphic Design but had no place to use what I learned. We ended up in Holbrook, Arizona and not finding work there, I used my education to make business cards, forms and ads.

Now that I'm in a place where older, retired and semi-retired people live, I've resolved to sell Avon and will try new approaches. Although I'm not a hard sell kind of person, I just help those that really want the products and try my best to serve them with product knowledge.

As for my involvement with church, I've attended most of my life and was a praise and worship member and leader for over 40 years. I find myself without a team to work with and really no other avenue in which to share my experience. But, recently, I found another worship leader where I live who also left his worship leader position to move here. He started a song writer group where other writers meet once a month. That has been enjoyable. I love hearing new songs and have an abundance of music to share.

I've waited for two years to find a piano and I was reviewing the classifieds and found one musical instrument for sale, a piano. It is a "Cohet" piano made in Russia. So far, I don't know much about it. I did find a piano tuner that lives in Strawberry who will attempt to tune it next week. I'm really excited to have it.

The rest of my time here is spent going fishing. Saturday, we went to East Verde at two different places but caught nothing. We think the fish were hiding in other holes and not where we usually fish. Then returning home, I went by myself to the city park and caught nothing. Oh well, there's always another day.

I am blessed with four fine sons who possess musical, artistic talents and work very hard at what they do. They have day jobs but have not forgotten their roots. Although my three grandchildren by my husband are living in Texas, the three on my side live close by.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD