Worship Leader Relocated

It's been a year since I left the church in Gallup. I spent hours in preparation each week for worship. As a leader, I felt it was time to leave as my husband didn't like the town. I had to wait for the Lord to give me the OK and a peace before we continued looking for a new home.

The first thing we did was look for work and also a place to worship. I didn't know that it would be so difficult to leave what I loved doing, that is the teaching, the playing keyboard, singing and encouraging others in the congregation to love the Lord with all their heart. I have this fire in me that wants to do more than I am.

I find it difficult and painful to be out of the loop, so to speak, when the church we attend doesn't function like a church but a Bible study and brings a few songs to sing. I'll continue to pray about this and the emptiness I feel when I can't share the music that the Lord has given me. The music is part of who I am.

I read an article recently from another worshipper who sees the problems of our society with the cell phones, innumerable devices that people are mesmerized by. In the article it fairly describes the way people are so immersed in wanting to be included in some social media. The danger is that the Lord is on the back burner. People say there's no time to study the Word, that other things like work, the kids, the rush, rush of daily life consumes them, or they only turn on the TV instead of turning on to the Lord.

People are still looking to be included somewhere and if they can't find friends on the social media or work or everyday encounters, then how? I can't seem to find anyone really interested in what has been a priority in my life, that of worship. I live in a small, sometime small minded, town. I can't find work because people have to get referrals from friends or family.

I'll be spending my leisure time, since I'm not working, on reading the Bible, taking time for those praise and worship lessons. The Lord had me studying and preparing to share and teach about worship but that was only one time. He has given me so much music and so much of a burden that I'll take the time I have and not waste another minute ion self.

It's all right to do introspection but the Lord wants more than anything to think of others and to help others and to be there for others that are hurting or need comfort or need a friend. So today, I pray for the Lord to lead, for the Spirit to guide and to fill me again with His promises so that I can give Him praise and adoration and thanks for all He does now and tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD