Highlights of the year in Payson.

This year just flew by. Two jobs under my belt and out of work again. Had a good holiday Christmas and praying this next year I will not only be older but wiser and have a job too. Terry has been doing handyman projects working with a realty company where we live and has been able to supplement our income. He painted inside our new home covering all the flower prints throughout the house. Before Christmas, he painted most of the front of the house. It looks amazing with white trim.
 
The first job I had was at an apartment complex where I was being trained for a Community Assistant and work toward being the manager. My boss worked in Phoenix but because of the distance, my applications had to go through her. She said I just wasn't getting it. That wasn't true. I had almost all the apartments rented. I think she had a problem with me and it wasn't the work I did. I was given two verbal warnings, something that hadn't happened to me in all the years working. I'm 68 and she was in her thirties. Anyway, I was forced to resign or be fired. I never have been fired from any job.
 
The next job was at a Christian Day Care. There, I had to follow several guidelines, from the state, federal and DES. That wasn't a problem so much as the stress of caring for 1 year olds to 12 and making sure that when the bosses peeked through the curtains, I was changing the babies right, feeding them the exact quantities of food and drink and teaching them what they wanted. Then my husband's sister was having medical issues and I had to leave because he wanted to visit her and didn't know for how long. I left that job.
 
Now, I'm home and still working the Avon business. (http://www.youravon.com/kking9197) and this year I made cookies, 6 different kinds and handed out cookie plates. The first part of December, Terry went to Texas to be part of his son's wedding.
http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4445354d5451314e54453d0d0a&blogview=true

Throughout the year, Terry and I did a lot of fishing and just two days ago, we caught several fat trout.
This picture shows some of the 11 to 13 inch trout. We fished the East Verde River but found it covered by ice. There were a few openings but nothing. 
 
Then, we decided to try East Verde Estates but still nothing.
 
Finally, we went to Green Valley Park and the temperature was warmer and started pulling out several trout. Wow, we were surprised. The temperature was in the 50's.
 
 
Easter, I missed not playing in the Program at Joshua Generation, one of the best programs in the area. It involved costumes of the period, the Ministry of Jesus, The Garden scene and crucifixion where the pastor portrayed Jesus on the cross. The program was usually done for three days. This year I don't know what they did.
 
The family in Phoenix are doing ok but my youngest son broke his foot and has been in a boot for two weeks already. The surgeon thought his foot would heal without surgery. He has to see him this week and hates the "boot". He still is able to get to work with his crutches and ride the bus. He's fortunate to catch the bus just outside the apartment complex. My oldest son received some grants to do more documentaries. The other son works as a project manager for two properties and their wives work and have their hands full with our grandchildren.
 
Terry and I attend a small Pentecostal church north of Payson. The pastor is cool and for Christmas put on a puppet show where he played a bird doing a Christian song...
 
 
 

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD