We're Not There Yet

Most of my life was spent raising four sons. Then when my former husband died of cancer, I continued working and leading worship at a church in New Mexico. My sons asked what I would do after their dad died and I said I would continue doing what I've been doing.

After six years, I needed to find someone to share my life with. I asked a friend online where I could go. She said to try Match doctor online. So after submitting my information, I had several men interested that messaged me. Finally, a man from Texas who almost erased my emails started seriously writing me. He wrote long letters asking questions about my life and my beliefs which led him to visit me. It was a good visit and we found a great deal of similar interests.

We were married only eight months later. We immediately went to work at a mobile home community but that didn't last long. Soon we were looking for another place to live and hopefully work. We went to Page, Arizona where I used to live but the homes were too expensive. We loved the lake and went fishing there several times. Last summer, we both caught stripers.

A friend suggested we try another town that offered hunting and fishing in the area so off we went looking for a home. We found it. We've only been here for three weeks but I'm closer to my sons and grandkids which for me is exciting. We may go to my grandson's birthday this weekend and I've missed his other parties.

We aren't retired yet. So far, I've submitted my resumes' and applied online but no bites. It may take some time to find work here, so the locals tell me. In the meantime, I've visited several thrift shops, antique stores and tried to meet women who would like Avon which I've been selling as long as I managed the mobile home park.

I can't wait until we find a church here too. I miss the involvement with worship. The last church I attended, I led worship for over 8 years. The people there honored me with a farewell dinner, cards and good wishes. I am trying to get a newsletter out to relatives and the friends we left behind.  

Sunday, we visited a church and I found myself tearing up because I felt the Spirit of God moving in the place and my heart ached to play keyboard again and sing my heart out to the Lord. My husband doesn't understand this about me. I have to let him lead and so far we've visited two churches. There are 39 churches but he's interested in finding one that doesn't conflict with his background, his teachings as a Pentacostal believer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD