Home is Where the Heart Is

What does that mean when home is where the heart is? To me, it means wherever my husband feels the Lord is leading him. I will follow him and know that the Lord is with us and that He has plans for our lives. It's not the place to just go hunting and fishing but it will be the place where both of us will grow as a couple and grow in what God has called us to do. 
 
He asked me a couple of years ago where I would like to live and I said Page, Arizona. There I had friends and a church that I could get back to. But for my husband, that was too far and he felt logically we should be closer to my sons and grandkids even though he has a son and grandchild still in Texas. I have been so far from my sons and wives and haven't been able to really be a part of their lives.
 
So, while talking with a friend, he suggested we go to Payson also in Arizona and check it out. Terry wants to be in a place where he can go hunting. Check. Also where we could go fishing. Well, the whole area around Payson is full of lakes and rivers. We visited a church there one weekend and liked the pastor of a United Pentecostal Church. There are over 39 churches there too.
 
Anyway, we found a house we both liked and knew that this is going to be our permanent residence. It was built in 1987 and although it's a doublewide mobile home, it doesn't look it.
 

We should be moved in either at the end of December or first part of January. I wanted to tell the boss that we were moving but Terry thought if we told them too soon we wouldn't be ready. We have spent this last month just packing. His thinking is that the company, being a corporation, may want us to leave our position as managers so they can get some other people in right away.
 
We live in a house provided by the company and haven't had to pay for our rent or utilities. People would say, why leave? That's a great position to be in.  Well, Terry hasn't been going to church with me since we were married over 4 years ago because it just didn't agree with his religious background, with preconceived ideas.
 
It's been difficult though, ministering in music at my church and not have him there to support me prayerfully. I accepted his decision to leave as I had felt I wasn't growing spiritually and not teaching kids, one of the areas I haven't been free to do.
 
My husband doesn't like clutter and has had a hard time dealing with the boxes piles all around. I remind him that it is only temporary. We still have to buy a bed and dressers. We don't even have that yet. We also have to buy a washer and dryer, perhaps a unified set with the dryer on top of the washer. We may not have a lot of furniture but the books, music and art takes up a lot of room
 
I'm anticipating this move and will be looking for work in Payson, clerical or administrative. My husband will be looking for work either in field service type work or appraisal jobs. He just can't take the physical work that was required as a manager of the mobile home park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN