Laid Off but Hired in FIVE DAYS !!!

5/21/2009
Friday, 5/15, my boss asked me into her office and then told me that I was being laid off. I was supposed to get my evaulation in February but that didn't happen. I thought she was busy and getting back in the swing after getting back from Hawaii.Well, she said she had to lay off another person at the office in Albuquerque too in spite of the fact that they hired two other people too. She was going to put the person that did the classes at the front desk.
So, I packed up the little that I had there and transferred my pictures to my email address. I didn't want to lose them or other personal writings. I was very disappointed. When I asked her about the evaluation she said that was not going to happen. I left.
Saturday, I picked up the weekend paper and found one position in there that I thought I could do. I called the number mentioned to have an interview. On the next day, Tuesday, I went for the interview and handed the young lady my resume and three referral letters. I still have to pick up the one from my last employer. Afterwards, she asked me to possibly come in again the next day.
Wednesday, I went back and had a full interview. She wanted to offer me the job as manager or assistant manager. I said because of the hours that I'd rather do the assistant manager. She also said that after 30 days I would qualify for medical, dental and vision care. Wow. I never had health insurance at the last place. Also after a year I would get a week paid vacation and qualify for a 401K should I still be there.
The work doesn't look hard. The place is called The Cash Store, a loan company with over 300 stores all around the country. The lady that interviewed me has three young children and travels back and for to Albuquerque.. I can't imaging traveling 5 hours a day back and forth to work.
I figured the day I was laid off, 5/15 and the day I was hired on 5/20 is five days. In God's time table "5" is Grace. So God's grace is sufficient for me. I am in His hands. This was the fastest job search I ever had. With the economy the way it is, I figured it would take me a lot longer to land a job. Praise the Lord. God is Good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 1982 DENVER BLIZZARD

NOT SO KEEN HALLOWEEN